Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull

I pinned this a while back and finally got around to making it the other night.
It looked so yummy, i mean how could it not....IT HAS BACON!
So the original pin is here.
 

See it does look good huh.
So I happened to be getting a loaf of bread to go along with our soup and I had cheese. (I always have cheese in this house)
Once I got home I was in luck to see I still had some ranch dip mix left too. Like when does that happen.
So I was cutting the bread and its a little ore difficult than that picture makes it look. You definitely need a bread knife. I never really understood the need for all these different knives growing up. My dad had this one knife that was about a foot long and was rounded at the end and he used it for EVERYTHING! He needed to cut up some steak, he used it. Need to cut tomatoes, used it. Need to put a little butter on bread, he used it. We always made fun of him and that knife. And when I started cooking more I had a favorite knife as well, but it doesn't cut bread for crap!
 
So anyhow, I just cut mine in thick slits and once down the center. Then I stuffed the cheese in the slits. (I used shredded cheese because it melts evenly and we used it for just about everything.) Then I stuffed in the bacon bits. I used Oscar Mayer pieces I had bought for a  breakfast burrito.
(yes i sang the theme song to spell it right)
And then I poured on the ranch butter mix. I thought it didn't look like enough in the recipe so I added more ranch. DO NOT ADD MORE RANCH. It was a little too much.
 
It was very good though except for the piece where i poured the last of the ranch butter mix onto. You know when you have all that unmixed powder and you think "oh man this is gonna be awesome". Not awesome. That part was like just licking the powder straight from the packet.
 
Here's mine!

 
Here's the recipe:
1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (I used as much shredded cheese as I could stuff in it)
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
 
I'd like to thank Plainchicken.com for being a great website that I have gotten several delicious recipes from.


No comments:

Post a Comment