Thursday, January 5, 2012

Paint Chips REALLY!

Ok so I have to address this new rage of crafting using these paint sample cards from the home improvement sections.
You know the ones I mean.

The garlands made from punching shapes from the cards,


and the pictures and chandeliers made from them as well. 



I have a big issue with this because it is just more waste.
I can understand if you have a couple of these paint chips left over from trying to decide what shade of pink to paint a room or perhaps you want to convince your husband to repaint the boudoir so you bring home 3 or 4 choices to show him. But going to the store and snatching up like 50 cards just so you can make some craft is beyond me. I feel bad taking 5 let alone grabbing the whole dang pile.
Isn't it bad enough the over growing waste and the so few trees we have left that people are purposefully making it so we have to cut down more trees to produce more paint chips.

I dunno, perhaps it's just me pms'ing so I'm feeling more earth friendly or something, but I just had to vent. I am normally the first to encourage new methods for crafting or upcycling, but I just don't get this one. Sorry if you don't agree, you don't have to. Feel free to blog about it ;)



(This one I like)

No comments:

Post a Comment