Sunday, July 8, 2012

Galaxy Nails!

I saw this pin for a painting technique called galaxy nails, which is coincidently the name of my nail salon. But anyway, it is supossed to look like the galaxy and i like it.
First you start with black nails. Then I brushed some vaseline arund my nail beds to keep the paint from getting all over my hands for the next step. I should have done it for the first step too as you'll see some black spots on my fingers :(
Then I took a dark blue, a marblized purple and i pink. Then i dabbed them on a card board with blue on top, purple on bottom, and a tiny dot of pink in the center. Then you take a clean make up sponge triangle and dab it in the paint. The sponge will soak up all the paint but you can use it for several nails. Then just dab it on your nails as much or as little as you like it. I then painted a very thin layer of glitter polish over that. Then top coat and whala (sp?) and your done. I really like how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment