Saturday, November 19, 2011

Potato Boat Breakfast

So I saw this "recipe" on pinterest and it looked good so I decided to try it. And I decided to post pictures of my procces since the other person didnt. I am the type of person that like step by step pictures because I can be a bit dumb in the kitchen. And i tweaked thier recipe a little since they didnt scramble thier egg, but I dont like my eggs anyother way.

~Preheat oven to 350.

So first you need to lay your potato down til it stops moving so you know where to cut it so that all your filling wont spill out if the potato rolls


Then cut off a slice from the top, not too far down.




See like so.

But be careful



Using a spoon, dig out the center leaving a decent thickness wall and bottom.


Like this.


Add bacon (cooked ALMOST all the way, crumbled) cheese, salt and pepper as you wish. Green onions and some chopped red or green pappers would work nicely too. Basically anything you like in an omelet.

Then pour in scrambled eggs. (i used 4 eggs for these 3 potatos) leave some room at the top for they will puff up some, like a muffin. And top with a little more bacon, cheese, etc.

Carefully place on a try and slide in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes. The thicker your potato walls are, the longer you will need to cook these since the center will not heat properly. Since these are scrambled eggs, i pulled them out at the 20 minute mark and stirred them a little to distribute the heat better.


Unfortunately I do not have an after picture to show you because once these were done, I was so excited to try it and it looked so yummy, that I just started chomping and forgot to take a picture. :( Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment